Mineralized & Vegan Black Bean Brownies
With a twist towards simplicity, after reading many recipes for black bean brownies, we came up with this one. Makes about 12-18 brownies.
- 1 cup dried bean soaked in 4 cups drinking water overnight or at least 6 hours (shortens cooking time AKA fuel consumption)
- 3/4 cups sucanat, jaggerty, or coconut sugar
- 3.5 oz bar of 70% dark chocolate
- 1 TBS vanilla extract
- 1 TBS Terramin -Multimineral Clay Supplement [silk] (optional)
- Heat oven to 350° and prepare 8×8 glass baking dish by greasing with either a little coconut or palm oil.
- Using the soak water, either pressure cook or steam beans for 15 min, or boil and cook till soft (approximately 30-45 min). Drain & reserve liquid.
- Puree beans in a food processor, grinder or high power blender, use reserved liquid if necessary, but as little as possible.
- Warm a small amount of the pureed beans in a small sauce pan and melt in the chocolate, on low heat to avoid burned chocolate. Incorporate back into the rest of the beans.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir until well blended.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 45-60 minutes of until toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely & refrigerate for easier cutting.
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup dried cherries or figs
- 1/4 cup fresh flaked hull-less oats